Sunday, August 1, 2010

Our new House...Pre-remodeling

This is a big reason for the fact that I haven't written anything for a couple of months. We bought a big fat project! Welcome to our 1939 farm home that sits on 48 acres. We have a huge shop, a milk barn, chicken coops, a loafing barn, green house and garage. There is a garden spot, 37 acres of hay, and pasture. The yard is surrounded by mature trees and fields of neighbors hay. It is really peaceful and the only sounds that can be heard are the doves and the screach owl in the trees! I am posting pictures of the house before we remodeled it so you can see the difference after it is remodeled. Mike is gone for most of the week, so I have done most of it. We are texturing the walls, removing all the carpet, refinishing the hardwood floors, painting, replacing windows, putting crown molding up, replacing the toilet and sink in the bathroom and tiling the floor. The plumbing is going to be replaced and much of the wiring and lighting fixtures.
One day, I think we will learn to not take on more than we can handle!

The living room...

The master bedroom...


Joshua's room ( ya, the putrid carpet is gone!)...



Laundry room...




Storage room....





Coal room and furnace...







Bathroom, (what is it with our luck in getting stuck with pink bathrooms?)...






The office...









The breakfast nook...








Kitchen with the lovely carpet...










The mud room...

...well that's the end of the tour, to see more, you must come visit, or wait until I post the pictures of the completed remodeling.









2 comments:

  1. AhH!! Okay so where are you living! We really need to get together!! Did you get the card I sent for Josh's birthday? I hope you hadn't moved by then!! Anyway I miss you and if you need me to watch your babe so you can work or need help let me know! Because remember, I've been there...Loves ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky! That is so fun and exciting for your family! I love your house, and all your land! (I may be slightly jealous of the the space and quiet you have living out of town. :) oh well. . . someday!) What a darling home though and I'm sure it will be especially fun when you get all your projects done! If you send me your email address I'll send you an invitation to my blog since you were asking about it the other day. You can send it to email4shelley @ gmail.com (without the spaces).

    ReplyDelete