Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Trip to Japan

My mom, sister, and I went to visit my other sister in Japan, where she is serving in the Navy. The plan was for my mom and sister to stay for a few days to tour the ship, see some sights and meet some of her friends. I was supposed to stay for another two weeks after they left and travel southern Japan with Sara.
I ended up flying home a week and a half early and Sara followed a couple days later, what a crazy adventure. We had a good, spontaneous time, and enjoyed each others company!

Our first stop after seeing my mom and sister to the airport shuttle, was the Tokyo Temple. I grabbed my wallet to get my recommend, and it wasn't there...it is always there. Then I remembered that I had left it in my temple bag the last time we went to the SLC Temple. They were able to locate my records and I was able to attend the temple.






We toured several Japanese gardens while we were there, and they were all gorgeous.










Leave it to a Bingham to not be able to keep her hands out of the water! Yes, the fish and the turtles bit her!



Okay, so the Dimicks cant keep her toes out of the water either!



My mom, sister and Me.






Sara and I are waiting to board our bus for our 14 hour overnight bus ride to Hiroshima.



Here is our sleeping accomodations on the bus, I felt like I was at a salon, getting my hair dried. They were actually pretty comfortable, all things considered.







This is the A-bomb dome, one of the few surviving structures that survived the atomic bomb. They made a park of this area.






Okay, dont be fooled, these vicious creatures that look like deer, are not as endearing as they look! After eating our maps, my scriptures, fruit snacks, sleeping bag, and anything else you can imagine, I was ready to eat THEM!













The bathrooms were all prefabricated slide-in units, they were all very quaint and compact. Simple and functional. This one even utilized the plumbing so they only had to use one faucet for the shower and the sink!



This is our breakfast that we scrounged together at the airport. Milk and yogurt from here, bagel from there, oatmeal from my pack and....voila! Breakfast extraordinaire!



Okay, ignore the dorky look on my face, but the Japanese seriously know how to make ice cream desserts!


No comments:

Post a Comment