Tuesday, August 6, 2013
I am a fan!
There are many things that are less than pleasant in dealing with raising children. For example, I do not like the sassy attitudes and the stubborn defiance, I am not a fan of the diapers and the lengthy process of potty training. I grow weary of the endless messes from food, toys, and my own things that get drug out and added to the pile. Despite all of that and more, I am still a fan of children...and this is why:
- I am a fan of their sense of humor!
- I am a fan of their genuine and slobbery kisses! (I seem to get the ones when they have just finished eating something)
- I am a fan of their cuddles and tightly neck-clinging hugs! (usually at the most random times and often when I seem to need it the most)
- I am a fan of their uninhibited belly laughs when they are having a good time! (When I play mean bull or tickle them)
- I am a fan of their unending curiosity and their incredibly teachable, spongy minds! (Josh's reiteration of why we need to keep our bodies dressed and not show our 'wee-wee' "Heavenly Father gave us our bodies and we need to treat them nice to keep them special")
- I am a fan of their fresh and incredibly witty wisdom about the way life is! (For example, Josh's insight on the jobs of our family members: Dad's job is to put dumpsters on his truck, Mom's job is to drive him to Grandma Bingham's house, Josh's job is to play with his toys, pee on the potty, eat healthy food and eat treats, Tommy's job is to poop in his diaper all day!)
- I am a fan of their priorities in life and how they make me realign mine! (yes we spent the day building a tree house when I needed to clean my own and unpack after a trip to Utah!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment