Friday, January 9, 2009

She said YES!

We went to the east coast June 5-9, 2008 for my friend, Candice Betts to her sweetheart, Kris Jacobs in the Washington D.C. Temple. It was wonderful. While we were back there, we spent some time as tourists. We visited D.C., NYC, and New Canaan, CT. We visited the family I nannied for while I lived there. It was so good to see Suzanne, Tom, and Jack. My boys have grown and changed so much in the past three years. They didnt remember too much of me, but it was so good to see them. We went to church at my old nanny ward, the Waveny Park Ward, and saw some of my old friends. The reunions were very happy for me.
While we were in Connecticut, I took Mike to visit a favorite sanctuary of mine. It was a nature reserve, called Devils Den in Weston, CT. It is a peaceful place with towering trees, hills, rock formations, a pond, streams, and hiking trails that wind throughout the acreage. As we paused on a bridge by the pond. Mike took me in his arms and we talked. I was oblivious to the fact that he was trying to work up the courage to drop to one knee, until I looked from the lake to where he should have been, and discovered that he was on the ground on one knee. He proposed officially and wouldn't place a beautiful diamond ring that he had designed on my finger until I had said yes! By this time I had no reservations that he was to be my friend forever, so I said "YES!"

No comments:

Post a Comment