Finally, after months of remodeling and moving in, I took pictures of the projects that took up so much of our time. I posted the before pictures several months ago, here are the after pictures. I do have one disclaimer, note the cleanliness of the house in every room...in order to accomplish this I had to clean one room like a whirlwind, lock Josh...and Mike(dont tell him) out of the room, hurry and snap some pictures and let them back in! So when you come to visit, do not be disappointed that my house looks nothing like the pictures! Enjoy!

This is the living room. We tore out the carpet and discovered beautiful hardwood floors upstairs and down so I sanded them down, stained them a cherry mohagany and varnished them.

We textured and painted all the walls in the house, and put up crown and base molding. We found the rugs on clearance at Lowes.

We installed new windows in the whole house to help keep the heat in. This is a 1941 model so it is lathe and plaster, but it stays remarkably warm in the winter and cool in the summer.



We did a whole addition to the house to enlarge the kitchen/dining room area.

We had a builder frame it in and sheet rock then I took over. We bought unfinished cabinets, and I painted and finished them. We did a cream base coat and put a glaze over the top to give them an antique look.

We tiled the floor, the backsplash and counter top. We bought our stainless steel sink off of ksl for $15.00 and our bar stools are a DI special $4.00 each!

I bought a lot of fixtures at thrift stores for $2-5 refinished them and hung them up.

Some kitchen decor to bring a country feel to the house.


Mike had one request in the kitchen...that the cabinets be lit underneath. Wish granted times three. I wanted all my food storage close by so it would be used and not forgotten. These two large cabinets and a pantry still to be built made this possible.

The current dining room used to be the kitchen. to look at it now, I dont know how they fit much in there at all!

I saw the beadboard in the background at a chuck-a-rama restraunt in SLC and loved it, so I incorporated it in our house. We did splurge and bought a new kitchen table for $125.00, we love it.


Some of our decorations in our house.

The bathroom was a complete makeover. We installed a new sink and toilet to make it feel larger. Put up a new mirror and hardware, and light fixtures.

We put in a new cabinet for storage, and tiled the floor. An interesting fact on the toilet, it is a newer design that uses 1/3 of the water that traditional toilets use.

We installed a shower, boarded over the window and tiled the shower walls. We also love our curved shower curtain!

One of the neat features I like about the house is the arched doorways. We also redid the closet in the hallway so we could walk in and lined it with shelves instead of the drawers that were there. It makes lots more storage space.

Our bedroom is upstairs so the ceiling is a little slanted on the ends. Both bedrooms have huge closet spaces with built in shelving.

Josh's room is across from ours. If you look close you can see him in his cage, I mean his crib!

The wood floors upstairs were cedar so they were beautiful red and golden stripes, making for lots of character. I stained them a natural color to preserve them and then varnished them with a gloss polyurethane.
Ok, the padded recling rocking chair was my idea. (it has a built in massager) I decided that if I had to get up to take care of my baby, I was going to be comfortable doing it!

We turned the third bedroom on the main floor into an office and study. We left the wood floors the original oak color.

This is where I take care of our business paperwork and post on my blog!

We picked up the desk at the DI for $10.00 since our other one was not big enough.

When we bought the house, the realtor gave us the keys to the front door. The keys were the original two prong, cinderella style keys! As we remodeled, I tried to use as many of the original items in the house as I could like reusing these knobs and keeping old door knobs.

The mud room is used ALOT, so i painted a cupboard and hung it for storage, put two coat racks on the walls, and added a bench with shoe storage.

In the basement, we framed in the walls, raised the floor, laid carpet and made a temporary bedroom for guests. This room will eventually be extended and be turned into a family room, since we remodeled the guest house outside.


I made a craft desk for Josh and he loves it. The top lifts up and is full of crayons, paper, coloring books, playdoe, scissors, and other craft items.

We also framed in the walls in the utility room and I claimed this room for my sewing, scrapbooking, and craft room as well as the laundry room.

We used the cupboards from the original kitchen as storage. This room is still being remodeled, but should be done by spring.
Holy CRAP!! It looks AMAZING!! You did such a fantastic job!! I HAVE to see it in person!!! Yay! I love it!
ReplyDeleteLove it! You are amazing and I wish I could hire you because we have some many projects and I have no where near your motivation.
ReplyDeleteThis is Beautiful!!!!! Congratulations on the amazing place, also great job on all the hard work!
ReplyDelete