Monday, July 4, 2011

Landscaping Mom's Yard

When my parents built their house three years ago, I volunteered to do the landscaping for them. The landscaping included the installation of the sprinkler system, laying 5000 square feet of sod, spreading 4 dumptruck loads of gravel, and 2 loads of wood chips. I never got pictures of it after it was installed, so I finally snapped some when I went down a couple of weeks ago to finish the last of the landscaping.


This was the last project to finish, curbing, sod, flower gardens, gravel, patio, fence and waterfall.





We hauled in so many loads of soil, I can't even remember how many. Everything had to be graded, and the flower beds, mounded and shaped.





My dad hauled in several loads of 4 foot boulders to make walls and decorate with. I contracted the curbing to a local guy I went to school with, he did a fantastic job!




There are 14 Pallets worth of pavers in this yard that were used to make paths and patio areas.








Jack, one of my dad's welders did several fabricating projects, including this Grape arbor, a bridge, and swing set.



It is amazing to walk the paths of my mom's 2 acre yard. I never tire of looking at the new life that comes up.





My mom wanted a greenhouse and herb garden, so I placed raised beds to contain the herb growth and weeds. She has also used this area as a small veggie garden that is convenient to come and pick from the kitchen.




There are lots of places to sit and enjoy watching birds, flowers, or grandkids.



When my parents bought this place, there was a cabin by the creek and a deluxe tree house on the property, so they decided to keep them, and I designed around them. This is the path that leads to the creek and firepit area by the cabin.











They wanted to keep this area with a rustic feeling so I didnt do much besides the path, firepit, patio, and some plants.








No comments:

Post a Comment