Sunday, August 14, 2011

Josh's Cast Comes OFF!

We finally took Josh's cast off, yes I did it, using a dremel and a metal guard. He just cried once it was off because his joints were so still from no use. We put him in the bath tub to help them gain some mobility and to wash off his scabies! I spent the next few days working with his leg, massaging and bending, and taking him to the wading pool, where he could stand without bearing weight on his leg. He spent about a month learning to crawl, and walk again.
Just within the last week, he has finally started running again, and there is very little sign of a limp.


Here is the best, or worst, part of the story...Because I took the cast off myself and because the break was a spiral fracture, the doctor turned me into the child protective services. So I got a couple of lovely visits from one of their case workers. Thankfully she was a decent human being and could see it for what it was.





1 comment:

  1. Can I ask what happened?

    For some reason I hadn't seen all these updates on my blog but I like reading them.

    ReplyDelete