This is how I have spent some of my time this winter, canning meat. So far, I've done over 200 pounds of beef, deer, antelope, and chicken, beef stew, and chicken noodle soup. I fell in love with canning meat after I did it for the first time 3 years ago. It is so handy and quick to just grab a can, pop it open, and I have a healthy meal prepared in 10-15 minutes! Who said fast food had to be unhealthy and out of a bag?
Monday, December 26, 2011
Hunting Season
My dad gets several depridation permits each year for damages that the deer, elk, and antelope cause to his farms. My dad said I could have the meat if I butchered it. Josh helped me while I quartered it so it would fit in the car trunk...Where is my truck when I need it?

This is how I have spent some of my time this winter, canning meat. So far, I've done over 200 pounds of beef, deer, antelope, and chicken, beef stew, and chicken noodle soup. I fell in love with canning meat after I did it for the first time 3 years ago. It is so handy and quick to just grab a can, pop it open, and I have a healthy meal prepared in 10-15 minutes! Who said fast food had to be unhealthy and out of a bag?
This is how I have spent some of my time this winter, canning meat. So far, I've done over 200 pounds of beef, deer, antelope, and chicken, beef stew, and chicken noodle soup. I fell in love with canning meat after I did it for the first time 3 years ago. It is so handy and quick to just grab a can, pop it open, and I have a healthy meal prepared in 10-15 minutes! Who said fast food had to be unhealthy and out of a bag?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Wow-I would like to learn that. What a handy thing to have in the cupboards!
ReplyDelete